Who is ePACT?
Named as the North Vancouver Chamber’s Business of the Year 2017, ePACT Network is a rapidly growing technology company providing unique and innovative software that ensures critical data and communications are always accessible for families, organizations, and communities anytime, anywhere.
Why it’s a Great Place to Work
ePACT is an extremely collaborative, innovative and inclusive workplace, where every team member has a voice at the table and all backgrounds and skillsets are celebrated. Our team is made up of passionate ‘change-makers’, committed to making a true difference in the world through personal contributions and delivering outstanding solutions to our customers and users.
At ePACT, we work hard, but take time for team/office fun, whether playing a solid game of ping pong, VR, nerf guns, chair races or office frisbee. Located on the water in beautiful North Vancouver, steps from Lonsdale Quay and the Seabus, commutes are easy as we sit on picturesque parks and overlook mountains and sea. In-office cookouts via BBQ or InstantPot are common, but there’s lots of choice for food, pubs, or outings as well. As a bonus, we’re all pretty hilarious too, so a sense of humour is definitely desired – given even the office dogs are their own little jokers!
Beyond the lively work environment is an atmosphere where you can truly make a mark and grow. We want people who want to ‘own’ their roles, contributing their own brand of creativity, efficiencies, or unique skillsets to ensure ePACT continues to lead as the number one Emergency Network in the world. A few of our achievements include:
- Graduate of multiple tech programs including GrowLab, Canadian Technology Accelerator-San Francisco, Tech-Women and C100’s 48 Hrs in the Valley;
- Recipient of the prestigious Federal WINN Grant, multiple IRAP Grants, and Canadian Department of Defence Emergency Innovation Project;
- Winner of North Vancouver Chamber Business of the Year, BCTIA’s ConnectFX Best In Show, Canadian Financing Forum’s Investor’s Choice Award, Manning Innovation Award Nominee, and ‘Ready to Rocket’ ICT Winner, to name a few;
- Almost 1.5 Million family users in over 135 countries worldwide, and a customer base across North America
We are looking for a friendly, outgoing, highly detailed and proactive Corporate Accountant to join our North Vancouver (Lower Lonsdale) Office. You will be responsible for day-to-day financial operations of the company as well as support of financial strategy for a growing and complex business. We are growing rapidly and it is crucial that the teammate in this role is excited and enthusiastic about our mission! This critical role will report to the company’s Director of Finance.
- Maintain complete and accurate books and records
- Preparation of GAAP-compliant financial statements and supporting schedules
- Manage the day to day operational accounting functions for the company, including AR/AP, revenue recognition, commissions, bank reconciliations, payroll, and month end close
- Process payroll and sales commissions in a timely and accurate manner through our 3rd party payroll provider.
- Provide support related to reporting for various stakeholders (e.g. management, Board of Directors, Investors, Financial Institutions)
- Improve upon accounting systems and internal control processes to enhance financial reporting and internal control environment
- Oversee cash management through supervision of accounts receivable collections and coordination of cash disbursements
- Provide assistance during year-end external audit, GST/PST remittance and other compliance requirements
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- 3+ years Accounting Experience
- Experience with Xero, or other cloud-based accounting system
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Experience in a start-up/scale-up – particularly SaaS and/or venture-backed
- Business an asset
Who You Are
- A clear and professional communicator, both verbally and in writing
- A strategic thinker, excited to take on challenges and personally contribute to the success and growth of your company
- A methodical, detail-oriented, analytical, and accurate problem solver
- Self-motivated when working independently or as part of a collaborative team, with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude
- Able to work on projects with tight timelines and a desire to ‘own’ your role
- Fun, with a good sense of humor (because the ePACT team all think we are hilarious!)
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.