Director of Marketing
Who is ePACT?
Named as the North Vancouver Chamber’s Business of the Year 2017, ePACT Network is a rapidly growing technology company providing unique and innovative software that ensures critical data and communications are always accessible for families, organizations, and communities anytime, anywhere.
Why it’s a Great Place to Work
ePACT is an extremely collaborative, innovative and inclusive workplace, where every team member has a voice at the table and all backgrounds and skillsets are celebrated. Our team is made up of passionate ‘change-makers’, committed to making a true difference in the world through personal contributions and delivering outstanding solutions to our customers and users.
At ePACT, we work hard, but take time for team/office fun, whether playing a solid game of ping pong, VR, nerf guns, chair races or office frisbee. Located on the water in beautiful North Vancouver, steps from Lonsdale Quay and the Seabus, commutes are easy as we sit on picturesque parks and overlook mountains and sea. In-office cookouts via BBQ or InstantPot are common, but there’s lots of choice for food, pubs, or outings as well. As a bonus, we’re all pretty hilarious too, so a sense of humour is definitely desired – given even the office dogs are their own little jokers!
Beyond the lively work environment is an atmosphere where you can truly make a mark and grow. We want people who want to ‘own’ their roles, contributing their own brand of creativity, efficiencies, or unique skillsets to ensure ePACT continues to lead as the number one Emergency Network in the world. A few of our achievements include:
- Graduate of multiple tech programs including GrowLab, Canadian Technology Accelerator-San Francisco, Tech-Women and C100’s 48 Hrs in the Valley;
- Recipient of the prestigious Federal WINN Grant, multiple IRAP Grants, and Canadian Department of Defence Emergency Innovation Project;
- Winner of North Vancouver Chamber Business of the Year, BCTIA’s ConnectFX Best In Show, Canadian Financing Forum’s Investor’s Choice Award, Manning Innovation Award Nominee, and ‘Ready to Rocket’ ICT Winner, to name a few;
- Almost 1.5 Million family users in over 135 countries worldwide, and a customer base across North America
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced, results-driven marketer to lead a growing marketing team and support ePACT’s proven track record of growth, vision, and integrity.
The Director of Marketing will play a key role in developing and executing ePACT’s integrated marketing strategies and plans, providing leadership to the Marketing Team, and supporting and collaborating with Sales and Customer Success Teams to achieve revenue, brand, and channel objectives.
- Design, execute, monitor, and optimize fully integrated strategies for channel development and key marketing initiatives that align with business goals and directly contribute to ePACT’s success.
- Participate in executive-level strategic planning and reporting for all marketing initiatives, including requirements for ePACT’s Board, Investors, and other needs.
- Drive ongoing definition, expansion, and implementation of ePACT’s brand strategy across all channels in US and Canadian markets, and establish and maintain clear messaging across all channels.
- Perform continuous analysis of the competitive environment, identifying market challenges, growth opportunities, market/client and consumer trends.
- Oversee the Marketing Team to ensure successful implementation and measurement of all marketing objectives and day-to-day activities, including partnerships, digital and direct marketing, events, public relations, and social media presence, reputation, and recognition.
- Manage overall departmental budget, and work with the Marketing Manager to optimize spend.
- Lead an inspiring, open, and results-focused Marketing Team (3-4 members) through mentorship, talent nurturing, and performance reporting/reviews throughout the year.
- Collaborate effectively across departments and the Leadership Team to identify opportunities for product features, and oversee development/expansion of marketing initiatives across all channels.
- Support Directors of Sales & Channel Management and Customer Success with tools, materials, and resources to drive strong sell-through across all channels, meet revenue targets, and align with external partners to expand ePACT across North America
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or similar. MBA is an asset.
- At least 8 years’ experience in similar senior marketing roles developing and executing marketing strategies that directly support corporate goals and sales targets.
- Proven experience managing, coaching, and leading direct reports, while also closely collaborating and supporting revenue generating teams (e.g. Sales, Customer Success, Channel Management).
- Experience in SaaS, tech start-up, and/or community-focused software preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Goal-driven, able to develop, manage, track, and report on strategic growth initiatives.
- Strong analytical, planning, and forecasting skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and attitude aligning with company values and vision.
Who You Are
- You are a confident, driven and dynamic leader looking to make a difference in a growing company.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, with the ability to identify outstanding brand expansion/recognition opportunities.
- You are ambitious, passionate, engaged, and collaborative, and believe in creating an inspiring and productive team environment.
- You are a critical thinker, with strong planning and execution skills to take your Marketing Team, and the company, to the next level.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.