Director of Sales & Marketing
Who is ePACT?
Named as the North Vancouver Chamber’s Business of the Year 2017, ePACT Network is a rapidly growing technology company providing unique and innovative software that ensures critical data and communications are always accessible for families, organizations, and communities anytime, anywhere.
Why it’s a Great Place to Work
ePACT is an extremely collaborative, innovative and inclusive workplace, where every team member has a voice at the table and all backgrounds and skillsets are celebrated. Our team is made up of passionate ‘change-makers’, committed to making a true difference in the world through personal contributions and delivering outstanding solutions to our customers and users.
At ePACT, we work hard, but take time for team/office fun, whether playing a solid game of ping pong, VR, nerf guns, chair races or office frisbee. Located on the water in beautiful North Vancouver, steps from Lonsdale Quay and the Seabus, commutes are easy as we sit on picturesque parks and overlook mountains and sea. In-office cookouts via BBQ or InstantPot are common, but there’s lots of choice for food, pubs, or outings as well. As a bonus, we’re all pretty hilarious too, so a sense of humour is definitely desired – given even the office dogs are their own little jokers!
Beyond the lively work environment is an atmosphere where you can truly make a mark and grow. We want people who want to ‘own’ their roles, contributing their own brand of creativity, efficiencies, or unique skillsets to ensure ePACT continues to lead as the number one Emergency Network in the world. A few of our achievements include:
- Graduate of multiple tech programs including GrowLab, Canadian Technology Accelerator-San Francisco, Tech-Women and C100’s 48 Hrs in the Valley;
- Recipient of the prestigious Federal WINN Grant, multiple IRAP Grants, and Canadian Department of Defence Emergency Innovation Project;
- Winner of North Vancouver Chamber Business of the Year, BCTIA’s ConnectFX Best In Show, Canadian Financing Forum’s Investor’s Choice Award, Manning Innovation Award Nominee, and ‘Ready to Rocket’ ICT Winner, to name a few;
- Almost 1.5 Million family users in over 135 countries worldwide, and a customer base across North America
ePACT is looking for a seasoned B2B sales and marketing executive to join the company as its Director of Sales and Marketing, a key member of ePACT’s Executive Team. Developing critical SaaS sales and marketing strategies, this role ultimately drives the ongoing growth of market opportunities available, and the expansion of ePACT across the US and Canada.
The Director of Sales and Marketing actively leads a growing team of Sales and Marketing professionals and will play a key role in developing and executing ePACT’s integrated sales and marketing strategies and plans, by supporting and collaborating across departments to achieve revenue, brand, and channel objectives.
- Manage all aspects of overseeing the Sales Team, developing and supporting individual goals and objectives, including performance scorecards, reviews, one-on-one check-ins, and mentoring as needed.
- Hire, train, develop and lead rapidly expanding Sales Team using your experience and personal skills in motivating others, building collaborative environments, and driving top-end results.
- Work with the Leadership Team to set targets for Sales Managers closing net-new clients and Customer Success Managers upselling/expanding existing client contracts.
- Directly support Sales and Customer Success Managers in meeting and exceeding targets by developing and executing key strategies, implementing new tools and measurable processes that effectively drive growth in new and existing business.
- Work across the Sales Team to iterate on existing sales processes, optimizing and improving sales cycle and conversion metrics (e.g. ability to identify opportunities or gaps within the customer journey that may enhance the effectiveness of materials, demos, and/or steps to speed close of sale)
- Support Customer Success Managers with guidance on expanding and enhancing key areas or behaviours within the onboarding and client renewal stages that can yield better/consistent contract expansions and cross-selling.
- Work with the CEO to implement sales strategies, resources, and processes for existing and new partners to help drive channel leads.
- Forecast, measure, analyze, and report on the sales pipeline, revenue, and sales cycle length, as well as key SaaS KPIs related to customer acquisition, lifetime value, deal size, client expansion, etc.
- Oversee the Marketing Team to ensure successful implementation and measurement of all marketing objectives and day-to-day activities, including partnerships, digital and direct marketing, events, public relations, and social media presence, reputation, and recognition.
- Set goals, objectives, and target ROI/KPIs for the Marketing Team. This includes mentoring, collaborating, or acting as a sounding board using your past experience/understanding of effective marketing strategies, campaigns, and channels to drive sales and brand awareness initiatives.
- Participate in executive-level strategic planning and reporting for all marketing initiatives, including requirements for ePACT’s Board, Investors, and other needs
- Drive ongoing definition, expansion, and implementation of ePACT’s brand strategy across all channels in US and Canadian markets, helping to establish and ensure clear messaging, tone, and brand health.
- Continually analyze the competitive environment, identifying market challenges, trends, growth opportunities, and key differentiators.
- Manage overall departmental budget, and work with the Marketing Manager to optimize spend and ROI on all marketing efforts.
- Hire, train, mentor/develop, and lead an inspiring, open, and results-focused Marketing Team (3-4 members) through mentorship, talent nurturing, and performance reporting/reviews throughout the year.
- Collaborate effectively across departments and the Leadership Team to identify opportunities for product features, and oversee development/expansion of marketing initiatives across all channels.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven experience driving top-line growth and transformation in growing B2B Sales Teams and environments; SaaS background strongly preferred.
- Experience as a senior leader, having led both sales and marketing functional teams for a minimum of 8 years, executing sales and marketing strategies that directly support corporate goals and targets.
- Experience leading/support Customer Success Teams responsible for expanding existing clients also preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or similar. MBA is an asset.
- Proven experience managing, coaching, and leading direct reports, while also closely collaborating and supporting revenue generating teams (e.g. Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Channel Management).
- Experience in SaaS, tech start-up, and/or community-focused software preferred.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required.
- Goal-driven, able to develop, manage, track, and report on strategic growth initiatives.
- Strong analytical, planning, and forecasting skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and attitude aligning with company values and vision.
Who You Are
- You are a tenacious, data-driven, yet approachable leader that knows how to always get the sale and support your teams in doing the same.
- You love to identify new opportunities and implement strategies that yield measurable results for your team and the company overall.
- The success of your team is incredibly personal for you. You value each person’s contributions, know how to motivate them, quickly identify and address performance issues, and take pleasure in celebrating individual and team wins.
- You are an exceptional communicator and effective storyteller who can match the message to the medium and get results.
- You naturally operate cross-functionally and engage both peers and executive audiences in dialogue.
- You thrive in high-growth, fast-moving environments with limitless opportunities for growth, but have a keen ability to identify and focus on the areas of greatest importance/return on investment for your team and the company.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.