Help Desk Agent
The Help Desk Technical Support Agent is responsible for providing technical and customer support as per the company’s core values. They act as product experts and documentation specialists, adding their input to drive more efficiency and improve processes. As agents may access client data when permission is granted, dedication to privacy policies is another key element of this position.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Become a product expert, understanding all aspects of how the system works and be able to communicate this both to users, clients and co-workers.
- Track, prioritize and analyze user and client requests via various support channels, including email, chat, and phones.
- Track customer interactions and answer tickets in our help desk software.
- Be a Bug Defect expert- reproducing and reporting bugs, preparing and maintaining documentation in accordance with our processes.
- Investigate and troubleshoot API issues, engaging with stakeholders as needed.
- Capture and properly document feedback on the product to communicate to the Product Manager.
- Add to our knowledge base, consistently check for quality and coach our users in the usage of this knowledge base.
- Stay up-to-date on new product features and improvements, and collaborate with marketing and customer success to maintain and update support materials (Help articles, videos, training guides, handouts, etc.) as needed.
- Maintain a quiet and private home office environment for remote work.
- May participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects.
- May participate in QA ad hoc tasks as needed.
Who You Are
- You are a “people” person who thrives on helping people. You are patient and logical, able to explain complex concepts simply, and love helping people succeed.
- You have good technical skills and you learn quickly
- You are a motivated self-starter who brings an entrepreneurial attitude to your work
- You are empathetic, a good listener, and a strong problem solver
- You don’t mind getting your hands dirty, jumping in to help your team accomplish the tasks at hand
- You have excellent telephone etiquette and effective oral and written communication skills
- You are looking for a company that offers a career path and professional development
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of technical support experience
- 2+ years of customer service experience, dealing and engaging with users or clients
- High degree of personal accountability and integrity (applicants will need to undergo a police record check)
- Very attentive to detail and able to simplify more complicated tech concepts to “non-techy” people
- Ability to be a team player, willing to jump in when needed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and pressures in order to meet deliverables
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline preferred
Due to the large number of applicants, please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.