Who is ePACT?
Named as the North Vancouver Chamber’s Business of the Year 2017, ePACT Network is a rapidly growing technology company providing unique and innovative software that ensures critical data and communications are always accessible for families, organizations, and communities anytime, anywhere.
Why it’s a Great Place to Work
ePACT is an extremely collaborative, innovative and inclusive workplace, where every team member has a voice at the table and all backgrounds and skillsets are celebrated. Our team is made up of passionate ‘change-makers’, committed to making a true difference in the world through personal contributions and delivering outstanding solutions to our customers and users.
At ePACT, we work hard, but take time for team/office fun, whether playing a solid game of ping pong, VR, nerf guns, chair races or office frisbee. Located on the water in beautiful North Vancouver, steps from Lonsdale Quay and the Seabus, commutes are easy as we sit on picturesque parks and overlook mountains and sea. In-office cookouts via BBQ or InstantPot are common, but there’s lots of choice for food, pubs, or outings as well. As a bonus, we’re all pretty hilarious too, so a sense of humour is definitely desired – given even the office dogs are their own little jokers!
Beyond the lively work environment is an atmosphere where you can truly make a mark and grow. We want people who want to ‘own’ their roles, contributing their own brand of creativity, efficiencies, or unique skillsets to ensure ePACT continues to lead as the number one Emergency Network in the world. A few of our achievements include:
- Graduate of multiple tech programs including GrowLab, Canadian Technology Accelerator-San Francisco, Tech-Women and C100’s 48 Hrs in the Valley;
- Recipient of the prestigious Federal WINN Grant, multiple IRAP Grants, and Canadian Department of Defence Emergency Innovation Project;
- Winner of North Vancouver Chamber Business of the Year, BCTIA’s ConnectFX Best In Show, Canadian Financing Forum’s Investor’s Choice Award, Manning Innovation Award Nominee, and ‘Ready to Rocket’ ICT Winner, to name a few;
- Almost 1.5 Million family users in over 135 countries worldwide, and a customer base across North America
The Office Coordinator will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, ranging from the administrative responsibilities that keep our office running smoothly, to helping staff with various assignments/support as required across the company, to organizing the events and activities that keep our work environment positive and fun!
Office Administration / Reception
- Reception: manage reception, greeting all visitors with enthusiasm, accepting package deliveries, collecting mail and potentially responding to general calls, emails or other correspondence for the company;
- Supplies: Monitor, manage, order and in some cases, pick up supplies for the office/team, including general groceries for day-to-day kitchen needs (milk, tea, coffee, soaps, etc.);
- Events: Assist with planning events, celebrations or recognition initiatives, contributing new ideas of fun/festivities for the team and managing aspects on or offsite (e.g. sign-up for potlucks, organizing venues or catering, etc.);
- Staff Travel: Book travel for team members and support company participation at conferences and partner/client events, including shipping and tracking materials required, coordinating event details and communicating these to participants, ordering supplies, give-aways or other items needed at/for events;
- Facilities: Manage the facilities, help keep the office space tidy, organized, welcoming and fun!
- Leadership: Support Co-founders and Leadership team of the company as required with various tasks, paperwork, file management and general needs (e.g. correspondence, meetings, preparing reports or presentations);
- Recruitment Support: Greeting candidates upon arrival for on-site interviews, and occasionally participating in ‘panel Culture interviews’ where ePACT team members meet candidates to gauge alignment with corporate values;
- Onboarding Support: Assist new hires with various onboarding needs, including setting up desk space (furniture, office supplies), greeting them their first day and helping them settle in;
- Team Support: Support the team as needed with staff recognition programs as directed, managing administration of the employee vacation calendar, and aspects of the employee benefits program (e.g. providing contacts for questions/support, completion of paperwork, basic details/instructions for claims, etc.);
- Finance/Accounting Support: Save/scan invoices and/or receipts to the appropriate back-up folder as directed, and potentially support other team members with their expense claims/receipt submissions to Accounting;
- Marketing Support: Provide a variety of support to marketing department including updating the company website with job postings, team information; managing the intranet; ordering print materials, etc.;
- Customer Success Support: Additional support during busy times with research projects and assisting with updates to Salesforce;
- Other tasks as required aligned to the successful candidates experience and team needs.
Required Skills & Experience
- Previous experience working in an administrative role is highly preferred;
- Comfortable working with Google and MS Office tools, Dropbox, and Slack, but also comfortable learning new software tools;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Who You Are
- You are a positive, energetic person, excited to not only ensure our office is running smoothly, but keep it welcoming, comfortable and fun for our team and visitors;
- You are able to think critically to organize tasks, manage requirements and solve problems in reasonable and effective ways, but you also don’t hesitate to ask questions if you’re not sure of the answer or need guidance;
- You feel comfortable identifying opportunities for improvements for office processes or supporting the team, and either alerting others to help address issues, offer ideas or suggestions, or simply ‘do-it-yourself’ when possible;
- You are able to shift priorities as needed to address changing priorities, urgent needs, or opportunities for improvements or efficiencies;
- You have a dedication to follow-up and follow-through, making sure that people get what they need, when they need it, and feel a sense of satisfaction when you help others or personally achieve goals;
- You are professional and understand the importance of protecting confidential information;
- You like to have fun with your co-workers.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.