Who is ePACT?
ePACT Network is a rapidly growing technology start-up providing unique and innovative software that acts as ‘the safety net for your world’ – ensuring critical data and communications are always accessible for families, organization and communities anytime, anywhere.
ePACT offers families a single emergency record they can connect and securely share across their communities. Through our network, communities reduce risks, improve efficiencies, minimize environmental impacts, and enhance the safety and support needed in emergencies. It is our vision to be the Emergency Network “safety net” for every family, organization and community in future.
Why it’s a Great Place to Work
ePACT is an extremely collaborative, innovative and inclusive workplace, where every team member has a voice at the table and all backgrounds and skillsets are celebrated. Our team is made up of passionate ‘change-makers’, committed to making a true difference in the world through personal contributions and delivering outstanding solutions to our customers and users.
At ePACT, we work hard, but take time for team/office fun, whether playing a solid game of ping pong, VR, nerf guns, chair races or office frisbee. Located on the water in beautiful North Vancouver, steps from Lonsdale Quay and the Seabus, commutes are easy as we sit on picturesque parks and overlook mountains and sea. In-office cookouts via BBQ or InstantPot are common, but there’s lots of choice for food, pubs, or outings as well. As a bonus, we’re all pretty hilarious too, so a sense of humour is definitely desired – given even the office dogs are their own little jokers!
Beyond the lively work environment is an atmosphere where you can truly make a mark and grow. We want people who want to ‘own’ their roles, contributing their own brand of creativity, efficiencies, or unique skillsets to ensure ePACT continues to lead as the number one Emergency Network in the world. A few of our achievements include:
- Graduate of multiple tech programs including GrowLab, Canadian Technology Accelerator-San Francisco, Tech-Women and C100’s 48 Hrs in the Valley;
- Recipient of the prestigious Federal WINN Grant, multiple IRAP Grants, and Canadian Department of Defence Emergency Innovation Project;
- Winner of North Vancouver Chamber Business of the Year, BCTIA’s ConnectFX Best In Show, Canadian Financing Forum’s Investor’s Choice Award, Manning Innovation Award Nominee, and ‘Ready to Rocket’ ICT Winner, to name a few;
- Almost 1.5 Million family users in over 135 countries worldwide, and a customer base across North America
The Office Manager will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, ranging from the administrative tasks that keep our office running smoothly, to helping us recruit and onboard great new people as our team grows, and organizing the events and activities that keep our work environment positive and fun!
Your Responsibilities Will Include
Office Administration / Reception
- Provide coverage for our reception desk, greeting all visitors with enthusiasm
- Manage telephone system ensuring that calls are answered in a timely fashion
- Overall administration of our software licenses, tracking expiry dates and flagging renewals
- Oversee the office electronic file system
- Manage incoming mail, assist with keeping the office space tidy, ordering supplies, etc.
- Assist with planning various company events, contributing new ideas to the team
Human Resource Support
- Generate a variety of HR communications, including editing job descriptions, developing company promotional materials that will help to attract the best people to ePACT; as well as creating materials to support in on-boarding, employee recognition, etc.
- Supporting administrative aspects of employee on-boarding, as well as ensuring new employees are welcomed to the company and experience a positive transition
- Manage some aspects of the staff recognition program
- Schedule employee reviews
- Manage employee vacation calendar
- Support recruiting tasks, including:
- Posting jobs
- Identifying employment recruiting plan for each posting – e.g. who is hiring manager, how do they want to receive resumes, who is the ‘target’ candidate, and, based on those, where should the job be promoted?
- Coordinating interviews and offers
- Managing and tracking contracts, invoices, and billing, as directed by the company bookkeeper
- Arrange travel bookings for staff members
Who You Are
- You are a positive, energetic person, excited to not only keep our office running smoothly, but keep it fun
- You enjoy having a variety of responsibilities and are able to shift priorities as needed
- You have a dedication to follow-up and follow-through, making sure that people get what they need, when they need it
- You are professional and understand the importance of protecting confidential information
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of office administration experience preferably in a small office and/or tech sector role
- Education or previous work experience supporting Human Resource functions is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong computer skills
- Basic book-keeping experience an asset
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.