Who is ePACT?
ePACT Network is a rapidly growing technology start-up providing unique and innovative software that acts as ‘the safety net for your world’ – ensuring critical data and communications are always accessible for families, organizations, and communities anytime, anywhere.
ePACT offers families a single emergency record they can connect and securely share across their communities. Through our network, communities reduce risks, improve efficiencies, minimize environmental impacts and enhance the safety and support needed in emergencies. It is our vision to be the Emergency Network “safety net” for every family, organization and community in future.
Why it’s a Great Place to Work
ePACT is an extremely collaborative, innovative and inclusive workplace, where every team member has a voice at the table and all backgrounds and skill sets are celebrated. Our team is made up of passionate ‘change-makers’, committed to making a true difference in the world through personal contributions and delivering outstanding solutions to our customers and users.
At ePACT, we work hard, but take time for team/office fun, whether playing a solid game of ping pong, VR, Nerf guns, chair races or office Frisbee. Located on the water in beautiful North Vancouver, steps from Lonsdale Quay and the Seabus, commutes are easy as we sit on picturesque parks and overlook mountains and sea. In-office cookouts via BBQ or instant pot are common, but there’s lots of choice for food, pubs or outings as well. As a bonus, we’re all pretty hilarious too, so a sense of humour is definitely desired – given even the office dogs are their own little jokers!
Beyond the lively work environment is an atmosphere where you can truly make a mark and grow. We want people who want to ‘own’ their roles, contributing their own brand of creativity, efficiencies, or unique skill sets to ensure ePACT continues to lead as the number one Emergency Network in the world. A few of our achievements include:
- Graduate of multiple tech programs including GrowLab, Canadian Technology Accelerator-San Francisco, Tech-Women and C100’s 48 Hrs in the Valley;
- Recipient of the prestigious Federal WINN Grant, multiple IRAP Grants, and Canadian Department of Defense Emergency Innovation Project;
- Winner of North Vancouver Chamber Business of the Year, BCTIA’s ConnectFX Best In Show, Canadian Financing Forum’s Investor’s Choice Award, Manning Innovation Award Nominee, and ‘Ready to Rocket’ ICT Winner, to name a few;
- Exclusive partnerships with community groups including the Canadian Red Cross, Hockey BC, and US National Parks & Recreation; and
- Almost 1.5 Million family users in over 135 countries worldwide, and a customer base across North America with sales growth of over 300% the last few years!
The Project Manager will manage the lifecycle of the implementation of multilingual support across our system: researching the best options, creating a project plan, coordinating the activities of the project team, allocating tasks, identifying appropriate resources needed, developing schedules to ensure completion of project on time, controlling project budget, and providing status updates to stakeholders.
This is anticipated to be a 6 month contract role that may be extended depending on additional projects.
Your Daily Responsibilities Will Include
- Research multilingual access and support to design a project plan
- Work with leadership to understand requirements and ensure they are kept up to date
- Work with internal stakeholders to create estimates and determine timelines
- Determine resourcing needs and support the appropriate department in onboarding
- Initiate the project, manage the day-to-date, and ensure deliverables are met within the project timeline and within budget
- Manage expectations and ensure project scope is respected
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders including the product manager, development, sales and customer success team to ensure the project is on track
- Remove roadblocks that prevent project success
- Lead project team members, assign tasks and ensure they are met within timeline
- Track milestones and produce status reports and other project documentation
- Participate in scrums and ensure project tasks are appropriately prioritized
- Analyze and assess business needs on an ongoing basis
Your Core Responsibilities Will Include
- Create and implement an approved multilingual project plan using a phased approach
- Determine how to maintain and support multiple languages, both technically and with help desk support
- Determine a roadmap for potential improvements after launch
- Work with Marketing to ensure proper promotion in local markets, both for existing and new clients and users
- Conduct post implementation interviews to ensure solution is meeting needs
Required Skills & Experience
- Over 5 years of Project Management experience, using different methodologies (notably Agile, Traditional, Waterfall, Critical Path)
- Over 3 years experience running or working on software projects (SaaS, B2B)
- Experience managing translation/localization projects
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team-building and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter and self-motivated; if you don’t know how to do something, you are driven to learn
- A proven record of launching software projects on time
- Experience using JIRA, SmartSheet or similar project management tools
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish is a definite plus
- PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent designation is a plus
Who You Are
- You are an experienced project manager who knows how to get things done.
- You embrace a challenge and thrive on removing roadblocks and working within a team of equally passionate people.
- You understand the importance of offering a product in multiple languages.
- You choose projects that help make the world a better place, but still understand that these are motivated by business needs.
- You are comfortable engaging with all types of stakeholders, from development teams to clients.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.