Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst
Who is ePACT?
ePACT Network is a rapidly growing technology start-up providing unique and innovative software that acts as ‘the safety net for your world’ – ensuring critical data and communications are always accessible for families, organization and communities anytime, anywhere.
ePACT offers families a single emergency record they can connect and securely share across their communities. Through our network, communities reduce risks, improve efficiencies, minimize environmental impacts and enhance the safety and support needed in emergencies. It is our vision to be the Emergency Network “safety net” for every family, organizations, and community in future.
Why it’s a Great Place to Work
ePACT is an extremely collaborative, innovative and inclusive workplace, where every team member has a voice at the table and all backgrounds and skill sets are celebrated. Our team is made up of passionate ‘change-makers’, committed to making a true difference in the world through personal contributions and delivering outstanding solutions to our customers and users.
At ePACT, we work hard, but take time for team/office fun, whether playing a solid game of ping pong, VR, Nerf guns, chair races or office Frisbee. Located on the water in beautiful North Vancouver, steps from Lonsdale Quay and the Seabus, commutes are easy as we sit on picturesque parks and overlook mountains and sea. In-office cookouts via BBQ or Instapot are common, but there’s lots of choice for food, pubs or outings as well. As a bonus, we’re all pretty hilarious too, so a sense of humour is definitely desired – given even the office dogs are their own little jokers!
Beyond the lively work environment is an atmosphere where you can truly make a mark and grow. We want people who want to ‘own’ their roles, contributing their own brand of creativity, efficiencies, or unique skill sets to ensure ePACT continues to lead as the number one Emergency Network in the world. A few of our achievements include:
- Graduate of multiple tech programs including GrowLab, Canadian Technology Accelerator-San Francisco, Tech-Women and C100’s 48 Hrs in the Valley;
- Recipient of the prestigious Federal WINN Grant, multiple IRAP Grants, and Canadian Department of Defense Emergency Innovation Project;
- Winner of North Vancouver Chamber Business of the Year, BCTIA’s ConnectFX Best In Show, Canadian Financing Forum’s Investor’s Choice Award, Manning Innovation Award Nominee, and ‘Ready to Rocket’ ICT Winner, to name a few;
- Exclusive partnerships with community groups including the Canadian Red Cross, Hockey BC, and US National Parks & Recreation; and
- Almost 1.5 Million family users in over 135 countries worldwide, and a customer base across North America with sales growth of over 300% the last few years!
The QA Analyst will play a key role to ensure the experience of users exceeds all expectations. We have built a complex system that must always look and feel simple to our users. Starting with system development, the selected applicant will be responsible for both manual and automated testing of the application and reporting the corresponding bugs or issues to be resolved by the development team.
- Manually test new features and fixes on the ePACT system
- Write and run automated API, security and webDriver tests in java
- Find, report, and verify issues on assigned projects
- Maintain the test management system (TestRail) and ensure all test cases are up-to-date and runnable by test infrastructure.
- Maintain the bug tracking system (Jira) and ensure all bug reports are up-to-date and usable by the development team
- Work directly with the development team, regressing producible issues
- Interface with external QA resources and consolidate external and internal issues
- Identify opportunities throughout the system (e.g. user flows, in-site copy) to better engage and support current users, and thereby, promote expanded use of ePACT
Who You Are
We’re looking for someone who is passionate and very comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. You are:
- Driven by technology – what it can do, the latest and greatest options, how it can improve people’s lives
- Excited to build a product millions will use, and motivated to contribute to a start-up and team environment
- You have great communication skills, show confidence when presenting ideas, and are not afraid to ask questions
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years experience as a QA tester in a software development environment
- Experience with both blackbox and whitebox testing
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to task yourself according to project needs
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of people, such as engineers and non-technical coworkers
- Ability to stay organized, meets deadlines, and exhibit great follow-through
- Flexible in a quick changing and fast-paced work environment
- A quick learner who works well with a team
- Detail-oriented with the ability to detail bugs in a reproducible format Education in computer science/programming an asset
- Experience with API testing is an asset
- Experience with mobile testing is an asset
- Experience with Selenium a plus
Due to the large number of applicants, please note that only successful candidates will be contacted