Sales Development Representative
Who is ePACT?
ePACT Network is a rapidly growing technology start-up providing unique and innovative software that acts as ‘the safety net for your world’ – ensuring critical data and communications are always accessible for families, organization and communities anytime, anywhere.
ePACT offers families a single emergency record they can connect and securely share across their communities. Through our network, communities reduce risks, improve efficiencies, minimize environmental impacts, and enhance the safety and support needed in emergencies. It is our vision to be the Emergency Network “safety net” for every family, organization and community in future.
Why it’s a Great Place to Work
ePACT is an extremely collaborative, innovative and inclusive workplace, where every team member has a voice at the table and all backgrounds and skillsets are celebrated. Our team is made up of passionate ‘change-makers’, committed to making a true difference in the world through personal contributions and delivering outstanding solutions to our customers and users.
At ePACT, we work hard, but take time for team/office fun, whether playing a solid game of ping pong, VR, nerf guns, chair races or office frisbee. Located on the water in beautiful North Vancouver, steps from Lonsdale Quay and the Seabus, commutes are easy as we sit on picturesque parks and overlook mountains and sea. In-office cookouts via BBQ or InstantPot are common, but there’s lots of choice for food, pubs, or outings as well. As a bonus, we’re all pretty hilarious too, so a sense of humour is definitely desired – given even the office dogs are their own little jokers!
Beyond the lively work environment is an atmosphere where you can truly make a mark and grow. We want people who want to ‘own’ their roles, contributing their own brand of creativity, efficiencies, or unique skillsets to ensure ePACT continues to lead as the number one Emergency Network in the world. A few of our achievements include:
- Graduate of multiple tech programs including GrowLab, Canadian Technology Accelerator-San Francisco, Tech-Women and C100’s 48 Hrs in the Valley;
- Recipient of the prestigious Federal WINN Grant, multiple IRAP Grants, and Canadian Department of Defence Emergency Innovation Project;
- Winner of North Vancouver Chamber Business of the Year, BCTIA’s ConnectFX Best In Show, Canadian Financing Forum’s Investor’s Choice Award, Manning Innovation Award Nominee, and ‘Ready to Rocket’ ICT Winner, to name a few;
- Almost 1.5 Million family users in over 135 countries worldwide, and a customer base across North America
ePACT is searching for an experienced, relationship-driven Sales Development Representative who has proven success in solution selling. In this role, your primary objective is to seek new business opportunities by connecting and building relationships with key contacts in primary Parks & Recreation and YMCA markets. This includes:
- Developing a clear understanding of our markets, product offering, and value
- Qualifying prospects through phone and email activities
- Understanding client needs and identifying if their organization fits with ePACT service offerings, and
- For those that are a fit, determining if they are “sales ready”, and then engaging Account Executives to further the sales process
Who You Are
- You demonstrate exceptional cold calling skills, with an ability to hunt for new opportunities, and effectively develop connections with prospects
- You carry an upbeat phone presence on all calls, are an active listener, and can adapt pitches to customer buying styles and needs
- You have a desire to make a difference in the world, and are passionate about solution selling, providing ‘need to have’ versus ‘nice to have’ services to clients
- You have a proven ability to manage a large volume of outbound activity (e.g. 200+ calls per week) and are energized by helping potential clients identify problems before presenting them with solutions
- You demonstrate the technical ability to understand competitive differentiation and enjoy articulating tangible benefits and value to others
- You take ownership and pride in your work and are driven to succeed
- You are naturally curious and creative, and look for ways to improve and learn, including asking for, and sharing, best practices with others
- You are coachable: You have an interest in enhancing your sales experience and effectively incorporating feedback into your sales style
- You are detail-oriented, and able to organize, track, and measure prospecting efforts
- You have great communication skills both internally with colleagues and externally with clients
Your Responsibilities Include
- Engaging with prospective customers via outbound activity including cold calling, email campaigns, social media (LinkedIn, etc.)
- Qualifying leads from marketing campaigns
- Building trusted relationships with prospects
- Setting up meetings between prospects and Account Executives
- Securing key prospect information to identify qualified “sales ready” leads and prospective customers to be nurtured for future opportunities
- Professionally communicating with all appropriate levels of decision makers and influencers
- Researching companies and contacts via the internet and other sales resources to determine who the highest-quality prospects are
- Reporting to management on customer relationships, pipeline, forecasts and new prospects
- Managing data for new and prospective clients in CRM, ensuring all communications are logged, information is accurate and documents are attached
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 1-year experience in business-to-business prospecting and lead generation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Experience with MS Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required
- Previous experience using a CRM system – experience with Salesforce an asset
- Experience hitting targets in previous lead generation role(s)
- CRM: 1 year (Preferred)
- business-to-business prospecting and lead generation: 1 year (Required)
Please submit your up-to-date resume and cover letter through the application link on Indeed. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.