Who is ePACT?
ePACT Network is a rapidly growing technology start-up providing unique and innovative software that acts as ‘the safety net for your world’ – ensuring critical data and communications are always accessible for families, organization and communities anytime, anywhere.
ePACT offers families a single emergency record they can connect and securely share across their communities. Through our network, communities reduce risks, improve efficiencies, minimize environmental impacts and enhance the safety and support needed in emergencies. It is our vision to be the Emergency Network “safety net” for every family, organization and community in future.
Why it’s a Great Place to Work
ePACT is an extremely collaborative, innovative and inclusive workplace, where every team member has a voice at the table and all backgrounds and skillsets are celebrated. Our team is made up of passionate ‘change-makers’, committed to making a true difference in the world through personal contributions and delivering outstanding solutions to our customers and users.
At ePACT, we work hard, but take time for team/office fun, whether playing a solid game of ping pong, VR, nerf guns, chair races or office frisbee. Located on the water in beautiful North Vancouver, steps from Lonsdale Quay and the Seabus, commutes are easy as we sit on picturesque parks and overlook mountains and sea. In-office cookouts via BBQ or InstantPot are common, but there’s lots of choice for food, pubs, or outings as well. As a bonus, we’re all pretty hilarious too, so a sense of humour is definitely desired – given even the office dogs are their own little jokers!
Beyond the lively work environment is an atmosphere where you can truly make a mark and grow. We want people who want to ‘own’ their roles, contributing their own brand of creativity, efficiencies, or unique skillsets to ensure ePACT continues to lead as the number one Emergency Network in the world. A few of our achievements include:
- Graduate of multiple tech programs including GrowLab, Canadian Technology Accelerator-San Francisco, Tech-Women and C100’s 48 Hrs in the Valley;
- Recipient of the prestigious Federal WINN Grant, multiple IRAP Grants, and Canadian Department of Defence Emergency Innovation Project;
- Winner of North Vancouver Chamber Business of the Year, BCTIA’s ConnectFX Best In Show, Canadian Financing Forum’s Investor’s Choice Award, Manning Innovation Award Nominee, and ‘Ready to Rocket’ ICT Winner, to name a few;
- Almost 1.5 Million family users in over 135 countries worldwide, and a customer base across North America
As a Software Engineer at ePACT Network, you will enhance our suite of APIs for our SaaS platform to make emergency information management easier for our clients.
- Design software following best practices to produce well documented, stable and reliable code
- Create performant software with automated test coverage
- Participate in team discussions on product roadmap and technical strategies
- Develop front end features with strong usability that are responsive, performant and accessible
- Stay up to date on current technologies and best practices
- Collaborate with team members to deliver features within estimate
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 2+ years of professional experience in an agile software development role, with an object oriented language
- Experience developing web applications in a cloud based ecosystem
- Familiarity with databases preferably MySQL, PostgreSQL
- A proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision
- Must be a self-starter and quick learner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Have
- REST API development experience
- Java, Hibernate, Struts, Spring
- Tomcat, Websphere, Weblogic or similar web infrastructure tooling
- AWS, Azure
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.