Software Test Engineer
Who is ePACT?
ePACT Network is a rapidly growing technology start-up providing unique and innovative software that acts as ‘the safety net for your world’ – ensuring critical data and communications are always accessible for families, organization and communities anytime, anywhere.
ePACT offers families a single emergency record they can connect and securely share across their communities. Through our network, communities reduce risks, improve efficiencies, minimize environmental impacts and enhance the safety and support needed in emergencies. It is our vision to be the Emergency Network “safety net” for every family, organization and community in future.
Why it’s a Great Place to Work
ePACT is an extremely collaborative, innovative and inclusive workplace, where every team member has a voice at the table and all backgrounds and skillsets are celebrated. Our team is made up of passionate ‘change-makers’, committed to making a true difference in the world through personal contributions and delivering outstanding solutions to our customers and users.
At ePACT, we work hard, but take time for team/office fun, whether playing a solid game of ping pong, VR, nerf guns, chair races or office frisbee. Located on the water in beautiful North Vancouver, steps from Lonsdale Quay and the Seabus, commutes are easy as we sit on picturesque parks and overlook mountains and sea. In-office cookouts via BBQ or InstantPot are common, but there’s lots of choice for food, pubs, or outings as well. As a bonus, we’re all pretty hilarious too, so a sense of humour is definitely desired – given even the office dogs are their own little jokers!
Beyond the lively work environment is an atmosphere where you can truly make a mark and grow. We want people who want to ‘own’ their roles, contributing their own brand of creativity, efficiencies, or unique skillsets to ensure ePACT continues to lead as the number one Emergency Network in the world. A few of our achievements include:
- Graduate of multiple tech programs including GrowLab, Canadian Technology Accelerator-San Francisco, Tech-Women and C100’s 48 Hrs in the Valley;
- Recipient of the prestigious Federal WINN Grant, multiple IRAP Grants, and Canadian Department of Defence Emergency Innovation Project;
- Winner of North Vancouver Chamber Business of the Year, BCTIA’s ConnectFX Best In Show, Canadian Financing Forum’s Investor’s Choice Award, Manning Innovation Award Nominee, and ‘Ready to Rocket’ ICT Winner, to name a few;
- Almost 1.5 Million family users in over 135 countries worldwide, and a customer base across North America
The software test engineer will play a key role utilizing their expertise in ensuring the ePACT platform has appropriate automated coverage. This role works collaboratively with both development and quality assurance stakeholders to improve automated test verification of the system.
- Create, update, execute and verify automated API, Security and webDriver tests primarily in Java
- Create and execute automated testing suites
- Find, report, and verify issues on assigned projects
- Improve requirements through testing feedback on new features
- Maintain the test management system (TestRail) and ensure test cases are up-to-date and robust
- Maintain the bug tracking system for the development team
- Exploratory manual testing of new features and bug fixes
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience with Java or a similar language.
- Working knowledge of Unix command line; using git, editing config files etc.
- Effective communicator to both engineering and non-technical audiences
- Must be a self-starter and quick learner
- Good foundation of SDLC and Agile development and testing methodologies
- Experience with source control, ci/cd methodologies and tools
Nice to Have
- Database experience specifically MySQL
- Experience with mobile automation testing
- Experience with Selenium
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.